Say goodbye to your old, worn, and damaged roof, and hello to a new, durable, and resilient one. Having a roof that can withstand constant exposure to the elements is absolutely key. With a proper roof installation, you can have peace of mind knowing the structural integrity of your Fairfax, Virginia, home is well protected.
Signs of a Poorly Installed Roof
When a roof isn’t properly installed, it’s sure to cause a number of issues over time. Here are just a few of the problems that might pop up:
- Moisture and mold – When your attic is not correctly ventilated, moist and warm air can accumulate, which will cause nails to rust over time, and eventually lead to mold growth. This is an especially common problem with older homes, where the roofing systems are often equipped with too much insulation that doesn’t allow the attic to breathe. Mold is a major health concern, and should be addressed immediately.
- Leaks in the attic – If you are experiencing leaks, have your roof inspected, as it could be a minor issue, or an indication of a weakening underlayment.
- Curled, cracked, or buckling shingles – This often signifies that moisture is building up in your attic and is trapped under the shingles. Moisture buildup can force nails to push upwards, exposing your shingles to further damage.
- Tar streaking or algae growth – If your roof is not built with first-rate shingles, bacteria can often cause tar streaking and algae growth. Lower-grade shingles contain fillers, such as limestone, which will attract bacteria and inevitably cause shingle deterioration. This process leads to black streaks that will weaken your roofing system.
- Shingle granules – When shingles age and become worn, they shed granules, which are often found as black particles in your gutters. This is a clear indication that your roof is in need of shingle replacements.
- Missing shingles – If your roof is missing shingles, then it is automatically susceptible to weather damage.
These are all warning signs of a damaged roof, and should be addressed immediately in order to prevent further problems.
How to Avoid These Problems
Once you’ve addressed the need for a proper roof installation, the next steps are finding an experienced installer and selecting a top-quality roofing material for your home.
When it comes to choosing a strong and durable roofing material, a wide range of options are available. This includes asphalt shingles, aluminum, copper, slate, steel, synthetic shake, and synthetic slate.
If you partner with a roofing contractor who can get the job done, and pick a roofing material from an industry-leading manufacturer you can rest easy knowing you are:
- Spending less money in the long run — A poorly installed roof will result in issues over time, and certainly take a financial toll. However, by investing in quality, and choosing an experienced roofing contractor, you won’t have to pay for future roofing repairs, resulting in fewer expenses in the long run.
- Investing in your home — With a strong and dependable roof in place, you can feel confident that your home will be protected from leaks, drafts, sun, wind, and rain. A properly installed roof can also last for decades, making it a smart investment for the future.
- Benefiting from manufacturer warranties — By selecting materials from reliable manufacturers, you can also benefit from robust warranties that will safeguard your new roof for years to come.
Importance of a Proper Roof Installation
A properly installed roof can make all the difference. Try to avoid common issues by turning to a leading roofing contractor. What’s more, select a roofing material produced by a trusted manufacturer. This ensures your new roofing is built to last.